Specialist Physiotherapy for pelvic problems
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy has been shown to be an extremely successful, clinically proven treatment and is now known to be the ‘gold standard’ first-line treatment for conditions such as incontinence or prolapse.
Key tools for diagnosis include listening to a patient’s history, observing their posture and movements, examining their muscles and joints and internal examination.
A bespoke recovery plan is formulated from evidence-based therapies, including acupuncture, specific exercises, internal and manual therapy techniques, rehabilitative pelvic floor exercise, bladder retraining, Pilates, relaxation and breathing techniques, neuro-linguistic programming, toileting and positional modifications and fluid and dietary advice.
What I treat
- Back, pelvis, hip and rib pain
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Separation of the abdominal muscles (rectus abdominis divarication)
- Advice and guidance about exercise during the different stages of pregnancy
- Post-natal assessments to investigate in detail the impact of pregnancy and labour on the pelvic floor, abdominals and pelvic stability muscles
- Pain from your episiotomy or tear
- Optimising recovery following third and fourth degree tear
- Caesarean scar pain
- Rehabilitation to improve posture, core strength and flexibility
- Bladder and bowel incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Sexual dysfunction- such as pain, leakage or reduced awareness during intercourse
- Rehabilitation pre / post gynaecological surgery
Who I treat
I treat clients of all ages; from pregnant women to those going through or post menopause, to men with erectile dysfunction.